All ships using pilot service provided by the Swedish National Maritime Administration are requested to have pilot ladders rigged in strict accordance with SOLAS and International Marine Pilots Association (refer IMPA Pilot Ladder Arrangement Plan) requirements.
Pilot Area Stockholm
Vessels are requested to provide a good lee and maintain a speed of eight (8) knots when embarking or disembarking the pilot. The bottom of the pilot ladder shall be 2 meters above the water. In winter season, when ice situation requires smaller pilot boats, 1.5 meter is more suitable.
Where the vessel's freeboard exceeds 9 meters, requiring a combination pilot ladder arrangement, the lower platform of the fixed ladder must be horizontal, about 6 meters above the water and be secured to the ship's side. The manropes and pilot ladder must be secured to the ship's side about one point five (1.5) meters above the fixed platform.
Large picture boarding arrangements
Vessel will be boarded at the following positions
(For navigation use corrected charts)
|| Boarding position
|| N Öregrund , lighthouse Djursten
|| N 60 23,7
E 18 23,0
|| 2,5 M, SE lighthouse Svartklubben
|| N 60 08,8
E 18 52,6
|| N lighthouse Simpnäsklubb
|| N 59 55,3
E 19 04,1
|| NW lighthouse Tjärven
|| N 59 48,0
E 19 19,8
|| SE lighthouse Tjärven
|| N 59 46,5
E 19 23,5
|| 2 M, SE Revengegrundet
|| N 59 13,9
E 19 04,2
|| 2 M, S lighthouse Landsort
|| N 58 42,2
E 17 52,2
|| 1,5 M, N lighthouse Gustav Dalèn
(For larger ships - see note below)
| N 58 37,0
E 17 27,2
|| 1,3 M SE Vinterklasen
|| N 58 37,7
E 17 09,8
1,5 m. N lighthouse Gustav Dahlén,
after special preorder 1,3 M. SE Vinterklasen.
- Ships only required pilot from Vinterklasen to Norrköping or Oxelösund; pilot will boarded/disembarked about 1,3 M SE from the island Vinterklasen.
- Larger ships Panamax type boarded
about 2 M ESE Kränkan NO. disembark
when passing buoy Kränkan NO.
- Normal piloted ships for the entire fairway to Norrköping/Oxelosund
boarded/disembarked about 1 M ESE-E Kränkan NO.
- Possible pilot exchange on slow-moving barges/ships takes place when passing lighthouse Hargökalv on arrival and departure.
- In bad weather moves boarding/disembarking to safe area depending on the wind direction and sea state, normally between Skålarna and Hävringe.
Last changed: 2016-12-19
Source: Swedish charts and "IMPA recommendations"