Specific challenges in the largest projects
The number of participants in the market dialogue is limited. This is why contractors who sign up must be able to fulfil the following criteria for each project.
* Very large dredging volumes, 22 million m3 in situ.
* Dredging at great depths, up to about 20 m.
* Subglacial deposits and large volumes of rocky moraine.
* Short seasons (approximately 7 months/year).
* Large volumes of rock that are to be blasted and reused partly as landfill material in port areas and time-dependent with the construction of docks.
* Very large dredging volumes, 13 million m3 in situ.
* Dredging at great depths, up to about 20.5 m.
* Large volumes of rock.
* Disposal site in a relatively exposed location.
* Dense ship traffic in dredging areas.
* Dredging volume, 1 million m3 in situ.
* Rock blasting in weather exposed locations.
* Potentially long transport distance to the dumping area.
* Partly narrow passages to be dredged with ongoing traffic.
References for the object
The number of participants in the market dialogue is limited. Contractors who sign up must fulfil the following criteria:
* Contract with rock volumes in excess of 300,000 m3 in situ.
* Contract with dredging volume at least 2,000,000 m3 in situ.
* Contract with 15 m great dredging depths.
In November 2014, the Swedish Maritime Administration and the Port of Luleå arranged a consultation on the fairway project Malmporten. A supplementary consultation was held the following year and, in 2015, a project application was also sent to the Land and Environment Court for review. This picture of a trailing suction hopper dredger, see below, is taken from the supporting documents for the supplementary consultation.
You are applying to participate in the market dialogue using the procurement tool www.tendsign.com where the invitation is published with the following title: “22-02375: A Large Number of Prospective Dredging Projects in Sweden – The Swedish Maritime Administration arranges a Market Dialogue”.
At the market dialogue, the Swedish Maritime Administration wants to meet contractors that have the machinery and experience required to accomplish dredging projects of the same size as our forthcoming projects. Consequently, to participate in the market dialogue, contractors must meet certain conditions. Read more about this in the invitation at www.tendsign.com.
Last updated 2022-03-24