Pilot is compulsory in Pilot Area Lake Vänern
Since January 1, 2009, it is the Swedish Transport Agency that prescribes pilot duty and pilot exemption on Swedish waters.
Pilot duty applies to the following vessels and is available 24/7:
- Tångudden to Vänersborg (incl. Vargön Trollhättan/Stallbacka, Lilla Edet, Göta, Lödöse, Nol, Bohus and Surte):
- Ships in pilot duty category 2 with LOA 60m or width 9m or draft 4 meters or more
- Vessels in pilotage category 3 with LOA 60m or width 9m or draft 4 meters or more
- Vänersborg 58°23.57′N 012°18.90′E 58°23.57′N 012°19.10′E to all ports. Also applies to travel port to port.
- Ships in pilot duty category 2 with LOA 70m
- Ships in pilotage category 3 with LOA 70
When towing in Trollhätte canal
- Pilot duty applies when towing
- when the overall length is over 60 m from the bow of the towing vessel to the stern of the towed vessel, or
- when the object being towed has a length of 35 m or more, a width of 9 m or more or a draft of 3 m or more
Last updated 2023-06-29